Saturday, December 29, 2012

O' Tannebaum

I like the traditional colors of this card for Christmas.  The Christmas trees were cutted out from a pattern paper.  The paper collection is from Recollections Jolly Jamboree 8.5"x11.5" paper pad.  I don't have a lot of pattern paper and have been limiting myself since I have a lot of color paper.  I love pattern paper, though.  I have recently allow myself to start looking at papercraft items and shopping for them.  I challenge myself to make the most of a collection so it is not laying around for ages.  I'm trying not to stockpile things and make use of what I have.  This is mainly due to the space I have and the allowance I give myself for crafts.  Also, I don't want to be hoarder.  I see clutter and it bugs me.  I recently have been making great efforts to clean up after a project before I start another one.  I know there are tools I will use again for my next project but a clean desk is so appealing to me that I take the extra time to clean up.  A clean desk makes me very happy.  Now if I can make the rest of house like that, then I might be in nirvana.  ;-) Anyway, back to the card, the background was made with a stamp wheel, Stampin' Around Time for A Tree.  I got this a long time ago from AC Moore craft store.  I've always had problems with stamping straight until I saw a youtube video on someone using it a stamp wheel.  I used Brilliance Ink Moonlight White and a ruler to keep the image lined up.  I used VersaMark ink to stamp random snowflakes on a green strip of paper.  I put a ribbon but you can see it was a knot adhere to the strip of ribbon.  I'm still trying to master ribbon tying and incorporating them more.  I layered the trees on a green cardstock and use my white gel pen to draw some lines for faux-stitching.  Overall, it's a cute card, plus, I like the vehicles with the trees.
  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to hear from you!