Saturday, January 26, 2013

A birdie's Valentine's Day wish

Another Valentine's Day card and this one was simple.  Valentines Day is not the only event coming up for me.  I got three events coming up and it's around the same time.  Ever since I got married, I feel like I live from one "holiday" event to the next and it's seems to start from September with school and it's non-stop until mid-May.  We celebrate every holiday with something, even St. Patrick's Day.  That's what happens when you have kids.  I want to make it special for them while they are so young and so they have nice memories when they are older.  Also, I come from a large family, so it is always some one's birthday.  Ever hear of the famous quote, "Celebrate Everyday", we take it literally here.  :-)
I cut out a 5-1/2"x5-1/2" pattern paper from the Sweet matstack and adhere it to the card base (5-1/2"x11").  I die cut a heart on red paper with the Sizzix heart die.  I traced the heart opening onto the back of the chocolate pattern paper and cut it a little larger than the heart that I traced out with a scissor.  I adhere the chocolate heart onto the scalloped heart.  I outline the chocolate heart with dash lines with a white gel pen.  I adhere the combo heart to the card base.  I then stamp out the bird with Brilliance Coffee Bean ink and used a brush and water to color the bird with the same Coffee Bean ink.  This coloring technique is quite popular to get the water colored look.  All you need to do is smear some ink onto an acrylic block from your ink pad and use it like a palette.  I also used a red glaze pen to color in the hearts.    

I used dimensional adhesive to place the bird on top of the card base.  I loved the way this card turned out and the bird is sooo cute!


Papers:
Neenah Classic Crest Smooth Solar White
DCWV The Sweet 4.5"x6.5" matstack

Stamps:
Studio G clear stamp set - bird with speech bubble

Ink:
Brilliance ink pad - coffee bean

Other supplies:
Sizzix Originals - Heart, Ornamental die
Fiskars Fuse
Gelly Roll - white gel pen
Gelly Roll - red glaze pen


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to hear from you!