Wednesday, January 2, 2013

A Happy New Addition...

 Yes, I have a happy new addition to my craft room.  I'm being transports to the 21st century with a die-cut machine, the Fiskar Fuse.  Yay!!!  My family spoiled me with this baby on Christmas day and below are my test runs and creations.  I was focus on the bird and not the sentiment so you can see it is crooked.  The green pattern paper is from the Recollections Home For The Holidays 4.5"x6.5" paper pad.  This first thank you card goes to my husband for an awesome gift.  I couldn't wait to try it out.  I did not want to leave and join the rest of my family for Christmas dinner.  I wanted to play!


I decided to use a pattern paper to see what it will look like.  I used DCWV The Far East 8"x8" stack.  I love the way it came out with the bird.  The leaves look like bamboo leaves to me so I felt the paper matched the image.  I used Stampin' Up Beautiful Wings embosslits for the butterflies.  I ran it through my machine and it was so exciting to see these babies come out.



Bring out the blings!  I love them on my butterfly.  I used DCWV Flower Shower Spring 4.5"x6.5" Matstack pattern paper for the background and completely cover my card base.  I used prismacolors to color the leaves and watercolor pencils to color the bird.  I don't remember the last time I used my watercolor pencils and it shows but it was still fun to use.  I can't get my eyes off the blings on my butterfly.  Love them!



The card below is a combination of all the cards above and I wanted to change the sentiment.  I used MSE sentiment and DCWV Far East pattern paper for everyting except the butterflies.  I did put a black gem on the birds eyes and it looks sooo cool.  Popping the bird out on dimensionals also made this card for me.  I love the way this card came out.  It has a nice Asian flair to it.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to hear from you!