Monday, January 21, 2013

Hugs and Kisses

Hearts and Flowers.  This expression was running through my head as I was working on this.  It reminded me of the book, 50 Shades of Grey, where Grey felt that was what Anastasia wants, like any other women.  Yes, I read the book like millions and it read like any romance novel to me with more intimate details.  I have read a lot of romance novels in my teenage years to know how they go.  It did at one point get to be too much intimacy that I felt like saying, "Alright!  Enough already!  Get on with the story!"  :-)  If you like romance novels with a hint of teenybopper's issue of "you can't possibly love me?!", you might pick this book up.  Another question I have as an older female is do we really want hearts and flowers?!  It is nice to have romance in your life, of course, and everything is so new and lovey-dovey but a real relationship can not sustain that.  We have responsibilities and can not be wine and dine every night.  Also, I'm not much of a flower girl and never have been; I prefer potted plants since they live longer.  I enjoy gestures like random,"You're beautiful", or sushi or chinese in the fridge with a "I love you" note, all with no strings attached.  Which I do get and they make me one happy wife, and no, my husband is not looking over my shoulder.  :-)  Anyway, to each their own, hope you are blessed with random "gestures". 
This is the same layout as my Oh baby! card since I liked it so much.  I embossed the card base with Sizzix Flowers embossing folder.  I used a Love definition wooden stamp to stamp all over a pink cardstock with Brilliance Twilight ink pad and then placed it in Stampin' Up embossilit's Beautiful Wings to get the butterflies from the Fiskar Fuse.  I stamped hearts randomly on white cardstock with VersaMagic Pixie Dust ink pad.  I stamped the sentiment and cut it into flag shape.  I tied a ribbon around the center design and placed a scallop border punched out from Martha Stewarts scallop border punch.  

I used dimensional adhesive to pop up the center design.  I adhere the butterflies and popped out the wings.  I love the way this card looks.  I guess I like hearts and flowers!  ;-)

Papers:
Neenah Classic Crest Smooth Solar White
Recollections pink cardstock

Stamps:
Studio G Clear Stamps sets (all Valentines series)
Inkadinkado All You Need Is Love clear stamps set
Inkadinkado Hugs and Kisses sentiment stamp
Ink:
Brilliance Ink Pad- Twilight and Pearlescent Coral
VersaMagic Chalk Ink Pad -  Pixie Dust

Other supplies:
Sizzix Dots & Flowers Set embossing folders
Fiskars 3-in-1 Rotating Corner Squeeze Punch
pink stripe ribbon
Martha Stewarts scallop border punch

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to hear from you!