Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Love you

Valentine's Day stuff is everywhere you go.  I felt like I barely got out of Christmas and now I'm onto the next holiday.  Anyway, I have been wanting to use this pattern paper for a long time.  It's bright and very pink.  I have to admit that I did not appreciate pink until later in life.  I was anti-pink all through childhood and even in my twenties.  I felt that if I like pink then I was too girlie.  Being a girl was not a quality that was revered in my culture or at least, in my family anyway.  I did have the thinking of having girl power though.  I grew up with brothers as my playmates so anything a boy can do, I can do.  Now that I became more comfortable in my own skin, I have no problem admitting that I like pink and even have some of it in my wardrobe.  It's strange how as you grow older, some of your old issues are not as important anymore or you basically moved on somewhere along the line.  I know I am getting all psychological so.... back to the card.  The pattern papers are from DCWV Sweet 4.5"x6.5" matstack pad.  I love the chocolate border with the loops.  Soooo cute!  The floral print is not only pink and purple but also glittery and embossed.  I love it!    
I wanted to make use of my letter chipboard which I picked up from the dollar store.  I had bought these to make personalized artwork with my sons.  Now I feel like I should use the rest of the letters.  I used a Martha Stewart punch for the scalloped border.  I wrote "you" with a Sakura Gelly white pen.  I added some rhinestones here and there and a pink one to draw your eye to "you".  

I also used DMC white floss to tie a bow on an embellishment from Recollections.  The crystal button was on a foam sticker that I popped off and used as a button to pop my bow out.  I like the look a lot.  My card base is pink as you can see.  I cover my entire card base as you can see from this picture.  I'm still unsure about this card.  I feel like it should go onto another card and have the card base as another border.  If I change it, I will post it later.  I figure I should fussing with it and move on.  Sometimes, it is hard to know when to stop.  My cards sometimes evolves into something else, days, weeks or even months from now.  For now, it will stay like this until something else catches my eyes.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to hear from you!