Tuesday, January 22, 2013

thank you with a bouquet

How about a bouquet of flowers with a thank you?!  I remember getting a bouquet of roses once as a thank you for a handmade quilt I gave my sister-in-law.  I was pleasantly surprised since I thought a note would have been enough but my sister-in-law was the queen of sweet gestures and thoughtfulness.  I am thinking of her as I type this blog entry and missing her terribly.  She loved purple too.  Anytime I work with any purple, I always think of her.
I used Heidi Grace clear stamp set to stamp the flowers on to the card base with the different Paintbox ink pads for each layer of flower.  The sentiment was stamped on to the card stock with a Kaleidacolor ink pad.  I love the Kaleidacolor ink pads because you can have a burst of colors all on one image.  I used a Sizzix Flower Layers #7 die to cut flower dies in red, pink and light pink card stocks.  I layered the flowers and curled the edges with a pencil.  I used a brad to attach the flowers together.  I tied a double bow with DMC floss and place a button on top of the bow and brad.  I adhere the die cut flower in the center of the card with double-sided tape.    
 
This is a card that you can hand deliver or send in a box.  I like its simplicity.


Papers:
Neenah Classic Crest Smooth Solar White
Recollections card stock - red, light pink, pink

Stamps:
Heidi Grace Designs clear stamp set - flowers
Stampin' Up Wonderful Words -Thank you sentiment

Ink:
Paintbox - Peony, Magenta, Marigold
Kaleidacolor Raised Rainbow Dye Inkpad - Spectrum

Other supplies:
Sizzix Bigz Flower Layers #7 die
Fiskars Fuse
Fiskars 3-in-1 Rotating Corner Squeeze Punch
DMC floss- Ecru
Recollections button

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to hear from you!