Sunday, February 10, 2013

A Map to My Heart Valentines card

I was lucky enough to have one of my guests craft with me; who happens to be a designer; an industrial designer at that.  We so happen to be at my favorite store, Michaels.  Hmm...coincidence...maybe ;-)  We saw this stamp set in the clearance bin and we both love it the moment we saw it and could not wait to test it out.  My guest designer, AKA my niece, created this card.  I always feel like a faux artist next to her.  She can actually draw things and make things and also, she is constantly exposed to the art world.  So it was nice to introduce her to some of my tools and toys.  Her creations are always unique and has a style that I'm always impressed by!  In other words, I love getting handmade stuff from her...hint hint!  :-)   
She used a brochure that has a map for the heart punched out.  I actually saved those type of brochures for that reason - to use it in my cards since I like maps as my pattern paper.  She stamped and  detail cut the guy and girl images and popped it with dimensional adhesive.  The stamps are from Hero Arts.  The white background was made with a dot embossing folder ran through the Fiskars Fuse.  This is a simple and clean looking card.  I absolutely love it.  He is one lucky guy to be getting this card.  :-)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to hear from you!