Thursday, February 28, 2013

Birthday Card With A Cupcake & Embossing

I got a bunch of birthdays coming up and I wanted to be ready for them since I will be busy with Easter this month.  I thought I break out my heat gun since I have not used it in a while.  I find that I shy away from it, despite the fact that I love the way it looks.  It is mainly because I don't like my paper warping.  I recently learned a few tricks to minimize that, so I thought I should give it a try again.  I even left out my heat gun to remind me.  Yes, there is a spot for it, for those who knows that I like to clear off my workspace after every card.  It's like clearing my mind and not repeating the same thing for the next card and plus, I love a clean desk.    
I stamped a Happy Birthday background stamp from Hero Arts in Versamark ink and place clear embossing powder all over it.  I melted the embossing powder with my heat gun.  

Here are some tips to minimize warping: 
1. Heat up your heat gun first for a few minutes
2. Keep moving your heat gun as you melt the embossing powder
3. Heat the back side all over when embossing powder has melted to straighten out the paper more

I rubbed on Distress broken china ink over the embossed image to make the image pop out.  I cut out the image and adhered it to a white card stock.  I added pattern papers from My Minds Eye Moments 6x6 paper pad.  Then I stamped a cupcake from the Inkadinkado clear stamp set and color it in with markers and glaze pens for the sprinkles.  I punched out the cupcake with a 3/4" punch and put it on top of pattern paper cut out with a circle cutter.   Finally, I tied a DMC floss and added the cupcake as a tag to the floss. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to hear from you!