Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Black and white (and red) Valentines

I've been wanting to do a classic black and white card with some red for Valentines.  The Hero Arts stamp I just got was perfect for this.  I love the classic black and white look with a splash of red.  I would love to attend a black and white party whenever I think of this.  It reminds of movies I've seen or books I've read.  The men are in tuxedos and the women are in black or white dresses and then one renegrade would show up in red. Classic scene, through and through.  Yes, Valentines is getting to me.  :-)
The pattern papers are from DCWV but I don't remember from which collection, possibly the Sweet collection.  I love using this pattern paper for graduation cards too.  The sentiment and man and woman images are from Hero Arts and were stamped with Brilliance graphite black ink on white paper and cutted out.  I punched out a red heart and ran it through the Fiskars Fuse in a dot embossing folder.  The man and woman image was adhered with dimensionals.

Here is another black and white card that did not come out the way I envisioned.  It's too busy.  I need to ink the poem in grey or something more muted.  It is competing with the red hearts too much.  I do like the style of the card, just not how I put it together.  I ran out of time to try it again.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to hear from you!