Thursday, February 21, 2013

Chinese Calligraphy - Thanks

Since my son is studying China, I thought I look into Chinese Calligraphy.  It reminds of school days and my oldest brother.  He is so good at it and he even paints with it too.  I mean, it was the real deal with a scroll and everything.  I always admire his work.  Anyway, one thing I notice is that my hands are much steadier.  I remember being all over the place and how tough it was to hold the brush steady for a stroke.  I feel this urge to study mandarin now.  This card was made for my niece who picked up the calligraphy supplies for me.  I thought of her and her father as I was making this.
I adhere a pattern paper from DCWV Far East 8x8 stack to a folded 4.25 square white cardstock.  After I wrote the thank you Chinese character on watercolor paper with a brush, I used distress ink (worn lipstick) to color the paper.  I punch out a scallop circle and mount the character onto it.  I used a white gel pen to draw on dash lines around the character.  Then I used foam adhesive to mount the scallop circle onto the card before using a white gel pen to write thanks in script.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to hear from you!