Saturday, February 23, 2013

Easter basket made from 12"x12" paper

I have been so busy lately that I find myself saying this a lot, "When is Easter?  I better find out soon before it's too late."  I was happy to know that I am more than a month away.  Yay!  But I better get moving on all the preparations.  My boys looks forward to the Easter bunny's visit.  Anyway, here is a bigger size basket that I made from watching this Lawn Fawn intro video to their Easter stamps.  They're the perfect size for some treats like cookies or large chocolate bunnies.  This was made with a 12"x12" paper.  I will be using this as my Easter decoration.  Some grass and plastic eggs with a stuffed animal bunny will be perfect for getting ready for Easter.
I scored it at 4" and 8" on both sides to form a square in the middle, the basket base.  I folded on the score lines to train the paper and cut on the score line up to the first score line on both sides.  I fold it up to form a box.  I cut out half of the flaps that will be behind the face flap so that the punch out top will show its design.  Mark the flaps so the right flaps are cut out.  The "face" flaps are punched at the top with decorative punches.  I decorated the basket while the paper is flat.  I cut out a green pattern paper and adhere strips of it onto the basket.  I stamped a Happy Spring sentiment from Denami Design and used my Fiskar Fuse to create some butterflies from Stampin' Up Beautiful Wings embossilits.  I adhered them with glue dots and added some gems.  I also drew white dash lines behind the butterflies to show their flight.  I put flower stickers on white cardstock and cut them out so they look like chipboard embellishments.  I adhered them to the basket with foam adhesives. 

All four sides of the basket were decorated.  The 1.25"x12" handle was cut out.  I also cut out white paper and punch out with the decorative border punch.  I cut the other side to make it look like a band.  I adhere the white decorative band to the handle and then adhere the handle to the basket.  I love the white on color paper, it's so pretty.  I love those decorative punches!

My sons made these and put their stuffed animals in them.  They looked so cute that I had to put them on my blog.  The supplies below includes the ones for the mini baskets too.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to hear from you!