Sunday, February 10, 2013

Gong Hei Fat Choi (Happy Chinese New Year)!


My son is studying China and I thought it would be fun to make a card celebrating Chinese New Year for his class.  
I love the pattern paper from DCWV Far East 8x8" paper pad.  This card is so simple to make with layering different pattern paper and stamping a sentiment on the pattern paper.  I picked up this sentiment when I was in San Francisco a long time ago and it says "Happy New Year".  I used to visit different stamps/crafts stores where ever I traveled and I loved it.  I found so many neat stamps through my travels and I try to pick up stamps that were consistent with the culture in that area.  It was so much fun because I also discover neighborhoods that off the beaten path.  Love it!
I popped up the sentiment with dimensional adhesive and off-centered the sentiment.

I stamped the envelope with a lantern stamp that I absolutely love.  It was part of a set but I can not remember who the set was from, maybe Inkadinkadoo.



Papers:

Neenah Classic Crest Smooth Solar White
DCWV Far East 8x8" paper pad

Stamps:
Design in Squares - Happy New Year (Chinese)
lantern stamp - part of Asian stamp set (Inkadinkado?)

Ink:
Brilliance Ink Pads - graphite black

Other supplies:
Fiskars 3-in-1 Rotating Corner Squeeze Punch

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to hear from you!