Saturday, February 23, 2013

Happy Easter with purple cross

It has been so hectic here that I needed to escape last week.  Of course, where did I escape to but my favorite craft stores.  I got this embossing folder from AC Moore and thought I give it a try.  It was $1.96 for one, so you can not beat the price.  I have never tried this brand before, Darice embossing folder, but it worked well.  The only thing is that part of the design did not go all the way to the edge.  I just adjust my paper for now.  I might trim the plastic.  For the price, I can deal with it.
  
I thought I try Distress ink and test out the watercolor effect after I place the color on the paper by spraying it with water.  It was neat and fun.  I tried something similar with this embossing folder in the thinking of you card with butterflies and embossed flowers except I put color on after the paper was embossed through the Fiskars Fuse machine.  Anyway, after I ran my paper through the embossing folder, I ran an inkpad (pink Marvy Matchables) over the embossed images to pop them out.  It was fun to make the background.  I like the white embossed look but I wanted to play with the Distress ink I just got.  The water really soften the colors.  Distress inks changes when you add water to it.  It's very different from any ink pads I've played with but it's fun.

I punched out a 2 1/2" circle and stamped the Stampin' Up cross in Brilliance Victorian Violet and Easter sentiment in black Briliance ink.  I sponged on Concord grape Distress Ink.  I punched out purple 3/4" circles and placed them around the circle to create a scallop border.  I finished the circle with white dashed lines from a gel pen and mounted it with foam adhesives.




Papers:
Neenah Classic Crest Smooth Solar White
purple paper

Stamps:
A Muse Artstamps Happy Easter MA
Stampin' Up Crosses of Hope

Ink:
Brilliance ink pad - black and Victoria Violet
Distress Ink pad - spun sugar,worn lipstick, broken china, peeled paint and dusty concord

Other supplies:
Darice embossing folder
Gelly Roll - white gel pen
foam adhesive
1" and 3/4" circle punches

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to hear from you!