Saturday, February 23, 2013

Mini Easter baskets - great for the table as place card holders

When I saw the demo for these baskets, I had to make one or two.  :-)  They're so cute.  They're perfect as an Easter favor and/or as a table place card holder.  All you need are names on the basket and it fits a couple of fun-size candies or two or three Dove chocolate candy.  Can you tell what my favorite candies are?!  ;-)  This would be so cute on my Easter table.  I saw this demo from Lawn Fawn intro video to their Easter stamps.  I don't have a lot of Easter stamps or bunnies but the ones that I have on hand are sooo cute on these baskets.  Though I have to admit, I covet the ones from Lawn Fawn Easter stamp set a lot.  Hint. Hint.  ;-)  I recently found Lawn Fawn's blog and they have the cutest stamps and the owner is adorable.  I love her energy.  I love hearing the excitement in her voice as she talks about crafting.  I'm not really into cute critters but her Easter set  is really adorable.  Yes, I want!  :-)
I cut out a 6x6" pattern paper to make a small basket.  I scored it at 2" and 4" on both sides to form a square in the middle, the basket base.  I folded on the score lines to train the paper and cut on the score line up to the first score line on both sides.  I fold it up to form a box.  I cut out half of the flaps that will be behind the face flap so that the punch out top will show its design.  Mark the flaps so the right flaps are cut out.  The "face" flaps are punched at the top with decorative punches.  Before adhering the box together, I will stamp on the box first.  I stamped out  A Muse Stamp rabbits and cut one out.  I used a black brush marker to run it along the edges.  I used a foam adhesive to stick the rabbit onto the purple basket and stamped the Easter sentiment onto the basket with Memories ink.  For the pink basket, I stamped out the rabbit and cut it out.  I then stamp a happy Easter sentiment and punch it out with a 3/4" punch.  I used foam adhesive to adhere the "balloon" sentiment onto the rabbit image since it has a different balloon sentiment. 

Don't freak out when you see the supplies picture.  I included the supplies from the bigger box I made but I felt it needed its own post after I took the picture.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to hear from you!