Saturday, February 23, 2013

Thinking Of You Card

I wanted to create a spring card or an Easter card but I was not inspired to make either one.  I wanted to make something with flowers at the very least.  I was feeling pressured because I felt that Easter was around the corner.  I don't like to make cards under stress, it never comes out well.  I have a better time when I make something because of the mood I'm in or something struck me.  I did this card in stages.  I will take you through my creative process now.  I knew that I wanted to play with my new embossing folder and my Distress ink pads.  I thought I start with that first.  I embossed my paper and it was lovely.  Nothing beats a white embossed look.  I must make a white on white card soon.  See, even as I am typing this, I'm coming up with new ideas.  Isn't the mind amazing?!  Yes, I'm one of the people who is fascinated by the workings of the human body.  Shouldn't everybody be?!  :-)  Anyway, I ran my Distress ink pads over the embossed images and spray it with water to give it a watercolor look.
I cut a portion of the embossed background and adhere a scalloped border.  I adhered it to a 4.25" square card and adhered a purple patterned paper.  I'm obsessed with square cards.  I feel that they are the perfect size lately.  I stamped the Hero Arts Everyday sentiment in black Brilliance ink and cut the paper out with ribbon tails.  I adhered the ribbon sentiment with foam adhesive. 

 I adhere the Stampin' Up Beautiful Wings butterflies and added gems.  I rounded the top corners with my Fiskars 3-in-1corner rounders.  I was trying something different with the embossed flowers and color over it.  I'm not too crazy about the blotchy look but it's not bad when put together with the pattern paper.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to hear from you!