Tuesday, February 19, 2013

You're so sweet - thank you card

I got some thank you cards to make since I visited with my family.  A lot of gifts were exchanged and then some.  This card was inspired by a Jonathan Adler post-it set that I got as a gift. The colors were similar to that.  It is busy and very different for me.  I do like the layout but maybe with different colors or patterns next time.    
All the pattern paper is from DCWV The Carnival Stack 12x12 pad.  The green paper was adhered to white card stock.  I cut a strip of pattern paper so that it looks like a ribbon tail and adhere strips of pattern paper onto it.  I used Stampin' Up cupcake punch to punch out the cupcakes on different paper. I edged the cupcakes with a black brush marker to make it stand out.  I stamped the sentiments before I ahered the cupcakes with foam adhesive.  The "You're so...Sweet" sentiment did not completely come out when I first stamped it so I stamped it again.  It has a double image but I like the effect despite my mistake.  I completed the card with dash lines using a white gel pen.  



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to hear from you!