Thursday, March 28, 2013

Charming 12x12 Paper Purse

I love bags!  I was trying to come up with a way to start this post and there is no way around it; I love bags, plain and simple.  I'm one of those "stereotypical" woman who loves all types of purses and bags but leather ones, those are my Achilles heel.  Love them!  Well, with Mother's day coming up, I was trying to come up with the perfect way to present a gift.  Also, I was thinking about cards as usual.  I remember this one card I made a long time ago that was shaped like a purse.  I started looking around for papercrafting purses.  I found this one that did not require a die to cut it into a purse shape.  I made my purse  following this video on making Burberry purses from Aussie Stampers.  I knew the exact paper to use too when I saw this video.  I was so excited!  This purse is cute for so many different occasions such as girls' night out, showers, and birthdays.
The pattern paper is from BoBunny Vicki B. Collection.  I love this pattern so much.  The flowers and swirls along with color are so lovely to look at.  I need to look for a fabric like this.  It would make such a cute bag!



I created a template to show what to score and cut.  The dash lines are score lines and the solid lines are cutting lines.  
1.  Score a 12x12 paper at 4" and 8".  Turn the paper 90 degrees and score at 4" and 8" again to get 9 equal boxes.  Fold on the score lines.
2.  For each corner box, score diagonally twice to form a "X".  See image below as a guide.
3.  For the middle box, score from one top corner to the middle bottom of the box to form a "V".  Turn the paper 180 degrees and do the same thing to score a "V" on the opposite side of the paper.  See image below as a guide.
4.  Cut the paper into the shape of octagon.  See image below as a guide.
5.  Fold the corner diagonal lines inward first.  It should fold into a box shape.  Then fold the center score lines so that the "V" point inward.  Look at the image above to see the completed folds.
5.  Cut a scallop oval with a Spellbinder Grand Nestabilities die and run it through an Darice Fleur Di Lis embossing folder.  Fold scallop oval in half and sponge with Distress spun sugar ink.  Center oval on the purse and adhere one side of the oval to the purse.
6.  Cut a 3/4" x 8" strip of paper and sponge with Distress spun sugar ink for the handle.  Punch a 1/4" circle.
7.  Pierce a hole through the strip of paper, punched circle and back of scallop oval before attaching a brad.  Adjust handle length and repeat piercing to completely attach the handle to the purse.
8.  Place Velcro stickers on the inside of oval to serve as a closure to the purse.  
9.  Place resin flower sticker on top of  scallop oval as a decorative closure to the purse.  



Here is a variation of the purse using pattern paper just for the front and back.  I layered the flap with two scalloped oval.  I also used floral stamp on the yellow oval with Versamark ink for a subtle detail.









No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to hear from you!