Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Classic Love Birds for an Anniversary card

I have some anniversaries coming up that I need to make cards for.  I started making this card for another couple and loved it so much that I think I am saving this for my own anniversary.  It is too early for our anniversary but I just know that my husband will love it.  It's a classic and very traditional looking card but I love how it came together.  I changed the embossing powder so it does not have glitter in it since my husband is not a big fan of glitter.  :-(  Though it is not our 25th anniversary and I don't think I can hold onto this card for so long anyway, I mean I want to give this to him right now.  Can you tell that I'm looking forward to giving this to him?!  This card was tough to get a picture of since it is so shiny but it is lovely in person.
I adhere to a white cardstock a silver embossed pattern paper from a Martha Stewarts card kit.  The card kit are for engagement invitations and it was on clearance at Joanns for $0.97.  I just could not pass it up.  The paper, stickers and envelopes were perfect for other things.  Anyway, I stamped the swans from PSX with Versamark ink and embossed with silver embossing powder.  I did the same with the sentiment from "My Sentiments Exactly!".  I layered both images with black paper using foam adhesive.  I added ribbon tails to the sentiment.  Everything was placed on the cardstock with double-sided tape.  



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to hear from you!