Friday, March 8, 2013

Happy St. Patrick's Day Card with Washi Tape

I always show my creations to my boys.  The funny thing was they both said, "I like the washi tape".  It's so funny when your sons know about washi tape and they knew how I used it.  They enjoy crafting with me, of course, and know all my tools.  This reminds me of something my husband said to me tonight.  I recently decided to give up skiing and it broke my heart to do that, since I know how much my boys enjoy it.  I felt like I would not be able to be with them and do something they enjoy.  They have surpassed me and my knee can not take it anymore.  Also, I don't want to get hurt since I don't like to be out of commission for the season like last year.  Well, my husband went skiing with them today and I mentioned how bad I felt and he said, "They only craft with you".  I guess I want do every activity with them still.  At least, while they still want me around.  Anyway, after my last St. Patrick's card, I couldn't wait to make another one, especially with these washi tape.  They were the perfect shade of green for St. Patrick's Day.  I added orange for Ireland's flag.  I wanted to break up all the green. 
I lined up the washi tape onto the white cardstock as I set it down.  I stamped out the Studio G shamrock on to the back of the pattern papers from Basic Grey Facts 6"x6" paper pad. and cut out the sharmrocks only.  I adhere the shamrocks with foam adhesive.  I stamped out the sentiment and cut a ribbon end on one side before adhering it with foam adhesive.  I felt the need to round the corners.  I should have stopped at the top  but went further and you can see that the sentiment sticks out a little.  Oh well.  I still like the way it came out.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to hear from you!