Monday, March 25, 2013

Smile With Flowers Card

I just took a walk around my gardens and I'm soooo excited to see my daffodils and tulips coming up.  It doesn't feel like spring but after seeing my bulbs coming up, I'm ready for spring weather to be here even more.  This card is perfect for spring.  Nothing like flowers to brighten a person's day.  I know it works for me, especially with this pattern paper.  I actually bought plants with flowers for my house to bring spring into the house.  I'm so excited for sunny, warm days and working in my garden. 
I ran a white cardstock with a dots embossing folder through the Fiskars Fuse.  All the pattern papers are from My Mind's Eye Miss Caroline by Jen Allyson 6x6 paper pad.  I used Fiskars scalloped border punch on the red pattern paper and adhere a thin strip of  blue pattern paper on top of it.  I adhered it all to the floral pattern paper.  I used foam adhesive to place it on the card base.  I stamped the curly border on a yellow pattern paper with red Memories ink and the sentiment with black Memories ink.  I placed foam adhesive on the framed sentiment and placed it on the floral strip.   The curly frame stamp is from Doodlebug Design Inc. and the sentiment is from TPC Studio.  I adhered a punched out heart with foam adhesive and placed glaze on it to give it shine and dimension.  I tied a knot in a button with embroidery floss and used glue dots to attached it to the sentiment.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to hear from you!