Friday, March 22, 2013

Washi tape thank you card

I've been really busy volunteering at my sons' school the whole last week, so I did not get to my craft room as much as I like.  It's a treat to myself to sit down in my craft room and create something.  It calms and relaxes me very much.  I did, however, treat myself recently to a papercrafting class with my local Stampin' Up rep.  As I was leaving that evening, my youngest son kept on giving me hugs and the last thing he said to me as he was hugging me was, "I need you in my life".  Oh, how my heart just melted.  Can I keep them that young and sweet forever?!  Anyway, I've been working on thank you cards.  Since I had so much help with my event at school, I wanted to show my appreciation to some of them.  I know it is not Thanksgiving but really, shouldn't we be thankful everyday for something in our lives, no matter how small it is?!  I'm truly blessed to have a supportive family, loving, sweet sons and husband, and friends who are kind to me.  I know my life gets busy, and I tend to focus on my problems and solving them, but I have been thinking more about the wonderful things in my life and for that, I am thankful.  Making thank you cards have been a great reminder of that to me.  I know, I know.  Deep thoughts by yours truly.  :-)  I can't think of that without thinking of the Saturday Night Live skits - it's always some silly poems following that title, "Deep Thoughts".  Makes me smile still.
I adhered a teal pattern paper from Basic Grey's Fiction collection to a white cardstock.  I used two different types of washi tape to create a background before cutting ribbon tails.  I'm making good use of my washi tape collection and have been trying to incorporate them whenever I can. I embossed the sentiment from Doodlebug with clear embossing powder and cyan Colorbox ink.  I stamped the speech bubble around the sentiment from the same stamp set and cut it out.  I mounted it onto the ribbon paper foam adhesive.  Then I used foam adhesive to place the ribbon paper design onto the base cardstock.  I ran a yellow pattern paper in the Stampin' Up Beautiful Wings embossilits through my Fiskars Fuse to cut out butterflies.  I attached the butterflies with glue dots and added gems to my butterflies.  Finally, I used a white gel pen to draw lines around the card and dashed lines to one of the butterflies.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to hear from you!