Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Black, Red and White Graduation Card

I got to hang out with my nieces and nephews a couple of weekends ago and one of them is graduating.  I remember what it was like, at that point in my life.  How nerve-racking it was to think about what to do, and the future.  Of course, looking back, I'm thinking about all the things that I could have done differently and/or kept the same.  Either way, I am glad of where I landed and I know I can only change the future so no regrets.  It is an exciting time for them; the coming of age and gaining some freedom.  I'm so happy and excited for them!  I still remember them when they were little so it is still a little weird to view them as adults and having adult conversations with them.  Wow, did time go by fast!  Anyway, back to the card.  I knew I want to make a graduation card with banner tails and the rest came quickly.
I rounded the corners of an A2 white cardstock and used a black marker to draw dash lines around the card.  I cut a strip of red cardstock and stamped it halfway with the houndstooth background stamp from Cloud 9 before cutting banner tails.  I cut a black strip of cardstock and cut banner tails on it too.  I adhered it to the red banner and used foam adhesive to place it on top of the card base to the left.  I used a Fiskars scalloped circle punch on white cardstock and stamped the red dotted circle from Stampendous.  I stamped a graduation hat and cut it out to adhere it with foam adhesive to the scalloped circle.  I adhered it with foam adhesive to the banners.  I used Hero Arts sentiment to stamp on the card base in Memories black ink.  I added red buttons to finish the card.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to hear from you!