Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Butterflies Birthday Card

I love butterflies.  They are so beautiful, even their chrysalis is beautiful.  I remember the first time I saw a monarch butterfly chrysalis and being amazed by its beauty.  It looked like jade with small spots on it that look like gold.  It looked like a piece of jewelry.  Absolutely stunning!  And let's not forget the that the caterpillar is gorgeous with its colorful stripes too.  Of course, when I saw these butterflies wood veneer, I had to get them.  It doesn't compare to the real thing but still cute.  One of my favorite combinations is butterflies and flowers.
All the papers are from Basic Grey Fiction collection.  I cut strips of pattern paper and adhere them to the white cardstock.  I added the red washi tape to cover one of the joints.  I stamped and embossed the sentiment from Hero Arts.  I cut ribbon tails and drew dash lines around it.  I adhered it with foam adhesives to the card base.  I glued the butterflies down and added gems to them and the banner as a finishing touch.  Easy peasy!  I like how the colors came together too.  One last one for the Simon Says Stamp! April Showers/Flowers challenge.



1 comment:

  1. Very pretty papers and I like your butterflies, too! Thanks for sharing your card with us at the Simon Says Stamp challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love to hear from you!