Sunday, April 28, 2013

Charmed Castle Thank You Card

I was your typical girl who read the fairy tales and dreamt about castles and princes.  I glossed over the evil and scary parts, and just really remember the good part.  Now as an adult and a mother, I realized how scary fairy tales are and can't believe that it is geared for children.  Who wouldn't be afraid of witches that want to eat you or kill you because you're pretty.  YIKES!  That said, I still like the stories, fantasy as it may be.  It is nice to dream about castles, balls and pretty dresses.  Yes, I'm a romantic at heart.  Anyway, I made this card for a lovely friend of mine who spoils me way too much.  Since she gave a charmed bracelet, I had to give her a charming thank you.  I have to admit that I loved the way this card turned out;  enough that I want to keep it but I know how much my friend will appreciate and enjoy it.  I told my husband this and he suggest that I make another one.  I have so many other ideas that are waiting to come out that I am satisfied with it being preserved in my blog.  I did not have any scroll banner stamps so I had to draw one and it came out pretty good.  I'm not much of a sketch artist but this, I can handle.  I absolutely love the gray background will all the colors.  These pictures does not really do it much justice but you get the idea.
I cut two ovals out of white and purple paper each with the Fiskars oval cutter.  I shy away from using my oval cutter but lately, it has been working well.  I might have gotten better with the tool.  :-)  I stamped the castle from Inkadinkado in black Memories ink onto the white oval.  I used Distress inks, tumbled glass and peeled paint, to add color around the castle.   I colored the castle with markers and adhere it to the purple oval and then placed the whole thing onto the gray card base.  I drew out a wavy banner and stamped the sentiment from Hero Arts by bending the clear stamp on the block to match the curve of the banner.  I wrote "by" and placed the letter stickers on the banner to spell out "charmed".  I placed the banner on the card with foam adhesive after I cut it out and add some banner tails, and sponged them with Distress spun sugar ink.  I punched out some flowers and also sponged it with Distress spun sugar ink.  Then I glued them to the card after I placed gems on them.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to hear from you!