Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Colorful Spring Thank You Card

The temperature outside does not feel like spring but everywhere I look, I see signs of spring.  It's so exciting to see buds on trees and I even got to see hyacinths and daffodils in bloom this week.  Though it was down south, it was still nice to see.  Following the spring theme or my longing to see more of spring, I'm incorporating it in my cards.  At least my craft room show the blooms of spring if not my garden.  :-)  I love the wholesome scene of a white picket fence around a country house and a blooming garden along with tea parties.  Yes, I read a lot of romance books depicting this as the ultimate dream of all women.  Maybe I was a "tad" bit influenced by this in my youth.  ;-)  Anyway, this was my inspiration for this card.  
The pattern papers are from DCWV Flower shop 4.5x6.5 paper pad. I love the flowers and butterflies pattern on this paper and felt it would be perfect above a white fence.  I adhered the pattern papers on to white cardstock.  I used an EK Success punch on white card stock to create the "fence" and placed it over the green pattern paper.  I adhered an American Crafts flower ribbon to bottom of the card to finish the background.  I used a TPC Studio tag stamp on white card stock and cut it out.  I used clear embossing powder and Brilliance Victorian Violet ink on the sentiment.  I sponge on Distress spun sugar ink on the tag.  I added red ribbon, leftover butterflies dies and fabric covered brad to the tag.  The brad is from Basic Grey's Fiction collection and the whole collection is lovely, especially the brads.  I used foam adhesive to place the tag on to the card base.      



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to hear from you!