Sunday, April 7, 2013

Enjoy The Simple Things Masculine Birthday Card

This card was inspired by my trip to Amish country.  It was fascinating how the houses were close together like the suburbs but the difference was seeing large gardens next to the house and then there is a farm and silo in the middle of the village.  This is a common scene in Amish country.  It was very open and you can see vast farms and land around it and the next road over.  Of course there were windmills too next to the farms.  It was very picturesque.  
I had bought these Stampscapes stamps a long time ago wanting to recreate a farm scene on paper and also for my boys.  My youngest is fascinated by windmills so this was perfect for him.  The sentiment is from Hero Arts and I felt it was perfect with the Amish scene.  It also made me think more about the simple things in life and appreciate that.  Of course, I did make good use of my phone as I search for information on Amish life.  Also, I wanted to see the movie, "Witness" again while I was there.  :-)  Hmm..maybe Amish life is not for me since televisions and phones are not in their households.  I will still enjoy the simple things in life, though.  I'm finding these days that simple is good.  Yes, spring cleaning is on my mind and my next big project.  Anyway, that's the concept I kept in mind as I made this card - keeping it simple.
I cut and scored black cardstock to create a 5x5 card.  I used Spellbinder circle dies to cut a white and blue circle.  I stamped on the white circle card stock with Stampscapes Farm, Windmill, Cow Pair and Cow Grazing stamps.  I used blending tool to add black ink to the white circle.  I adhered the image circle to the blue circle with foam adhesives and then tape the whole thing to the black card base.  I stamped Hero Arts sentiment on white cardstock and use blending tool to add black ink to the edges.  I layered it with blue border and adhere it with foam adhesive to the card base.  I added the birthday washi tape to the corner of the card.  Simple and quick too.  I love that shade of blue against the black!



2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Linda :-) the farm scene is fabulous ,, lovely masculine design :-)

    thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge
    luv
    Lols x x x
    please consider turning off word verification x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm beaming from your kind words. Love the work you guys do at Simon Says Stamp! So inspirational and so much fun! Thank you!

      Delete

Thanks for visiting. I love to hear from you!