Friday, April 12, 2013

Mother's Day Floral Easel Card

I've been wanting to make an easel card for a while.  If you have been following my posts, you would see that I'm really into flowers these past couple of weeks.  Though I try to break it up, I'm definitely thinking about flowers and sunshine.  They go hand in hand for me.  I felt this card is so beautiful and have a combination of both.  I could look at it all day!  Though early in the week, I was getting the warmth and sunshine outside instead of gray skies.  So now I have sunshine and flowers both inside and outside, just like this card.  Ha!  :-)  
This card is loosely based on another card that I made with a Stampin' Up instructor.  I scored a piece of 4 1/4" x 11" white cardstock at 5 1/2" and 2 3/4" and fold on the score lines to create the card base.  I cut a yellow card stock slightly smaller than the card base at 4 1/8" x 5 3/8" and adhered it to the card base.  I cutted a yellow pattern paper from DCWV The Citrus Matstack and layered it on top of the yellow cardstock.  I stamped the Happy Mother's Day sentiment from Hero Arts in Memories black ink on white cardstock and sponged on Distress spun sugar ink on the edges. I used a Recollections floral vine stamp in Distress peeled paint to stamp onto a scrap paper before stamping it on the sentiment piece to create a softer floral look.  I punched out flowers and adhere them around the vines and added pearls to the center.  I repeat this process for the inside sentiment, also from Hero Arts clear stamp set, of sponging, stamping floral vines and adhering punched out flowers.  I adhered that to the red paper on the card.  I used Stampin' Up Secret Garden bundle to stamp and die cut the big flower twice in red and yellow paper from American Crafts.  I cut out the center of the yellow flower and used foam adhesive to add it to the center of the red flower.  I added a pearl to finish off the flower and used foam adhesive to place it onto the card.  


For the inside of the card, I cut out a yellow cardstock and double-sided tape it to the card base.  I scaled the pattern paper and red paper sizes according to the inside sentiment size and taped everything down.  I added a different flower punched out to keep it fresh.




1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous easel card! Love this fresh, vibrant color palette, too! :) Thank you for participating in our "April Showers/Spring Flowers" challenge over at the Simon Says Stamp challenge blog this week! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love to hear from you!