Thursday, April 4, 2013

Stampscapes Top Of The Mountain Masculine Birthday Card

On the way home today, I saw a beautiful sunset.  Sunsets always remind of summer evenings and relaxing on the porch.  My boys wanted to do some craft as soon as we got home.  I had gotten out some supplies out that I wanted to use but I did not know with what yet.  I've been leaving out some supplies so I can play with them.  Sometimes I am inspired and sometimes, I have to put them away after awhile or they will drive me crazy trying to think of a way to use them.  Anyway, I had this Stampscapes mountain stamp along with the man stamp to coordinate on my desk.  I also know I have to make more masculine birthday cards.  While my sons went to town and just started creating, I had to think more about what to do.  They never seem to have problems with coming up with something.  It's amazing and fun to watch their process.  Coincidentally, my youngest started creating a sunset background with Distress ink which they both absolutely love playing with, as I was thinking about creating a sunset scene.  Below is one of my pictures of the sunset and my inspiration.
My picture of the sunset did not do it any justice, especially in showing the range of its magnificence and beauty.  Still love it.
I used Distress and Marvy Matchables ink pads to create the background on glossy paper.  I stamped the Stampscapes Tall Peak stamp and Stampscapes Victory stamp in Memories black ink.  After the stamped images dried, I used the black ink to create shadow on the mountain by sponging on some black ink on the mountain.  I cut a white cardstock so it looked like a Polaroid frame for my stamped image.  I wrote the sentiment on the white cardstock.  I adhered the Polaroid frame onto the stamped image and then the whole thing onto a blue cardstock.  I used washi tape with the sentiment on the bottom of the Polaroid and the birds washi tape on top.  These washi tapes were gifts from my niece and I think they were from Colte and MT, respectively.  The color on the card looks a lot better in person and more blended.  I love the way that it came out.  Can you tell that I have scrapbooking on my mind?!  :-)   

One of the stores that I discovered online that sells a lot of goodies that I want is Simon Says Stamps! Another big plus is my favorite designer works for them, Kristina Werner.  I love their exclusive stuff too.  I'm so looking forward to making a purchase.  Anyway, they have a weekly challenge on their blog and I finally felt brave enough to enter.  LOL!  It's their birthday challenge and I'm in the birthday card making kick so the timing is perfect! 


1 comment:

Thanks for visiting. I love to hear from you!