Sunday, May 19, 2013

Blue Floral Lawn Fawn Thank You Card

I love my new stamps and dies from Lawn Fawn.  I like the colors pink and purple, but lately, I am very drawn to blues.  I'm still on my thank you cards kick, so, of course, I had to make a thank you card with blue tones.  My Mind's Eye paper pad is just perfect for this card.  I love this pad so much that I'm running dangerously low.  I'm trying to be good, and not run out and get another one.  I am forcing myself to use my stash, and I have to admit that I am starting to get a stash.  YIKES!  My husband's sentiment exactly.  :-)  Anyway, I love the way this card turned out.  It has the lace border punch from Martha Stewarts that I love too.
I used my Sizzix flower embossing folder on blue cardstock with my Fiskar Fuse.  I rounded the corners on the white card base and blue cardstock.  I used the pattern paper from My Mind's Eye Moments 6x6 paper pad and rounded the top corners.  I used my Lawn Fawn Quinns Alphabet to die cut and stamp the sentiment.  I color them with my LePlume markers.  Yes, it has been awhile since I broke them out.  I'm still learning to use them and be more comfortable with them.  I'm admiring the Copic markers that everyone is using, but they are so pricey.  So I have to admire them for a longer time and make use of my current set of markers. :-)  I adhered the letters with the help of my T-Square ruler.  I also cut a small strip of diagonal stripes pattern paper from the same collection and attach them to the yellow pattern paper.  I punched out the lace border and attached it underneath the stripes.  I used foam adhesive to adhere the whole centerpiece to the blue cardstock.  I added blue butterflies die cut from Stampin' Up Beautiful Wings Embosslits.  I love the silhouette flowers in the pattern paper; such a great collection!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to hear from you!