Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Everything Is Better With Friends and Flowers Card

I love it when my tulips pop out this time of the year.  If it was up to me, I would plant them all over the place.  The deer would love that, for sure.  I could only plant them in one spot next to my house that the deer have not found yet.  Anywhere else, they end up being very expensive deer food.  That’s life in the country!  I remember loving the sight of deer when I first came to live in the country, now they're a pest and enemy to the gardener in me.  I did recently find another way to enjoy tulips; I bought tulips grown in a vase.  Below you will see my tulips and the inspiration for this card.  I made this card for my friend who I craft with.   
The tulips are stamped from the Recollections Flowers For You stamp set.  I colored it with an aqua pen and Marvy Matchables red and green ink pads.  I took a strip of green card stock and cut little thin triangles to make it look like grass.  I add this to the bottom of the tulips.  I sponged the top edge of the tulip card to give it a sky background with Distress Tumbled Glass ink.  I adhered black card stock to the white card base, and then used foam adhesive to place the tulips on.  I stamped out another tulip, and colored and cut out the flower before placing it on top of the tulip with foam adhesive.  I added Crystal Color Lacquer to the tulips to give it dimension and shine.  I also used a white gel pen to add some dew to the leaves.  I stamped the sentiment from Hero Arts in black Memories ink to finish the card.


Look at these beautiful blooms.  I'm loving them!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to hear from you!