Friday, May 31, 2013

Purple Happy Birthday Card With Speech Bubble

I wanted to make this card for a new papercrafting friend.  She is so friendly and nice, and very forward which I like but it still surprises me.  I'm finally meeting more people that are interested in paper crafting.  For the longest time, I had such a hard time finding someone local to share my hobby with and now, I find them everywhere I turn.  It's wonderful!  Anyway, I know speech bubbles are part of the trend these days, so I had another friend of mine cut a few for me from her Cricut; such a handy machine to have.  Everyone I know who paper crafts have some kind of machine, mostly Cricut.  Now that my friend showed me some of the things she can cut, I can see how essential it is to a scrapbooker.  I told my husband this and for my birthday, he surprised me with a scavenger hunt of the reviews of them, though he really intended on getting me on.  He didn't know which one I really wanted since I told him days before my birthday about the Silhouette Cameo, so he is leaving it up to me to research it and pick one.  I can make due with what I have so I am taking my sweet time researching it.  Apparently, I'm not alone in this task, since I read tons of women taking a year or more to figure it out too.  I would love to hear more opinions on the Cricut versus Silhouette machines.    
I punched a purple strip of paper with the Fiskars vine border punch.  Then I stamped the houndstooth background stamp from Cloud 9 in Memento London Fog ink onto the purple paper to give the paper some texture.  I sponged the paper with Distress Dusty Concord ink and adhered it to the white cardstock.  I stamped the sentiment from Hero Arts and sponge with the same purple Distress ink.  I die cut the flower from Stampin' Up Secret Garden dies set and put them together with foam adhesive.  Then I added glitter embellishment to the center of the flower and place it onto the card with foam adhesive.  After cutting a small slit on the card, I tied a bow with a black and white twine around the card to finish the card.

I'm entering this into the Simon Says...Anything Goes Challenge.  I'm having a lot of fun doing these challenges when I get a chance to do them.

4 comments:

  1. This is lovely :) I really like the design and colours you used. Thank you for joining us over at the Simon Says Stamp challenge. Hugs, Dawny x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It was fun coming up with this card. Love the challenges and Simon Says Stamp!

      Delete
  2. A lovely card, a great design and such a fabulous colour scheme!!

    Thanks so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp challenge
    hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words! I really appreciate!

      Delete

Thanks for visiting. I love to hear from you!