Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Retreating with Henry

I just went on my first scrapbooking retreat ever, a couple of weekends ago, and I had a great time!  I reconnected with some people, and met some really nice people too.  Our wonderful hostess, Jessica Madden, was super friendly, and clearly an expert in running a successful retreat.  She also had tons of prizes, and devised many fun ways for us to win them.  And boy, were they great prizes too!  Definitely a positive incentive to get those pages done!  :-)  I have gone on quilting retreats before my boys were born, but never a scrapbooking retreat, so I was pleasantly surprised by how much fun it was.  I wished I have gone on this retreat earlier.  It's so awesome to be around people who enjoy the same hobby.  Majority of the women were scrapbooking, but there were a few card makers; though I focus strictly on my scrap pages.  They really should rename these retreats to scrapbooking marathons since people were whipping out pages left and right into the wee hours.  I don't remember the last time I stayed up to 3am or even know how I manage to do it.  Wowsers!  I'm sure that people who knows me are thinking the same.  Well, the saying, "Time flies when you're having fun", is totally fitting here.  Anyhow, I'm very new to the scrapbooking world, so I was super slow at coming out with a page.  Despite that, it was great to get some pages done, and I was so inspired by the tremendous talents surrounding me.  If scrapbooking and papercrafting were not going to draw you in, the resort, Sunny Hill, definitely will.  The resort in NY has amazing views of the Catskills, and the staff were so friendly and accommodating to us.  It was definitely a nice treat to relax with friends and enjoy our hobby together, and not worry about cooking or family duties.  It's definitely a nice Mother's Day gift.  I know you are wondering, well, what did I make there?!  Well, here is one of the pages I made.  It's the first page I made when I got there.  Funny, how it's of Henry and not of my boys.  Don't worry, I did do pages of them too :-) ....eventually.  Ha ha.


I used the pattern paper from Basic Grey Fact 12x12 paper pad as a background.  I used my Fiskar Fuse with the Sizzix Curlz alphabet die to cut out the title on white cardstock.  I rounded the corners of the photos and the journaling card from WeRMemory. and adhered them all with the title letters.  I stamped the wagging dog and cut out him out.  I didn't bring any dog bone stamp so I just winged it and free-hand cut it.  I used Distress Walnut ink to sponge the bone and the journaling card.

Here is a picture of the hall we scrapped in.  It had beautiful views of the mountains.




I have not been able to post or even craft, as much as I like.  It has been a whirlwind of events, one after another, nonstop.  Things will slow down more, next week for me, so hopefully, I can do more of the things I love, like craft and blog.




    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to hear from you!