Monday, June 10, 2013

Masculine Vintage Truck Birthday Card

What's a girl to do when she has a to-do list a mile long?  Well, if you were me today, you would run into the  craft room every chance you get and play.  It is a rainy day here as I am writing this up, and I'm suppose to be doing laundry, cleaning the house, emptying out the mudroom and etcetera and etcetera.  What I'm supposed to be doing seem to be interrupted with things like looking at pattern papers, cleaning my craft table, trying out a new embossing folder, taking out a new stamp set from my stash and admiring it, making a card, and... you get the idea, right?!  :-)  It's one of those days.  I'm only making allowances with myself because I have been so busy working around the house and garden.  Yes, like a house-elf.  Yup, big Harry Potter here.  :-)  If only I wasn't a muggle, then my house will be clean with a flick of my wand. :-) That would be me, one happy girl.


I embossed part of my card with a Darice argyle embossing folder.  I cut out a strip of green paper from Echo Park This&That Charming 6x6 pad and glue it on top of the argyle embossed area on the card base.  I cut out a pattern paper from the same collection and rounded the top corners before adhering it to the card base.  I stamped the sentiment from Tim Holtz Journey Stamp Set in Memento Tuxedo Black ink onto the yellow pattern paper.  I stamped the truck from the same set onto white cardstock in the same ink.  I cut the truck out and adhere it with foam adhesive.  For the inside I cut out the same yellow pattern paper and stamped the sentiment from the same stamp set before adhering it.  This card is entered in the Simon Says Stamp Masculine/Father's Day challenge.

I love the saying that came with the stamp set, so I had to put it inside the card.


Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog

1 comment:

  1. This is very nice! I love the truck! Thank you so much for playing along with us over at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love to hear from you!