Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Out Of This World Masculine Birthday Card

I've been staring at these robot stamps for awhile and trying to come up with a sentiment.  I write them down on a post-it note that I attached to the stamp set when I think of a sentiment that goes along with a stamp.  I finally felt inspired to make a card with this set.  It was fun coloring the robot in.  I love using my prismacolor pencils, I feel I can control the color.  Though watching everyone using copic makers intrigues me.  Uh-oh... ;-)

I used the pattern paper from About A Boy from Echo Park to cover white cardstock.  Love this paper collection.  I stamped out the robot from Recollections stamp set and colored it in, and then stamped the planet on pattern paper from DCWV Travel Collection.  Then I stamped out part of the sentiment from Hero Arts Birthday Wishes stamp set in Versamark and embossed with white embossing powder.  I used stickers from Basic Grey Fact collection and EK Success to finish the sentiment.  I mounted the robot with foam adhesive and adhered the planet with the rings also mounted with foam adhesive.

This card is also entered in the Simon Says Stamp Masculine/Father's Day Challenge.  I'm on a roll!  Now you know that when my house gets chaotic, I run to my craft room.  Best place in the world to escape when your house is being ripped apart.  :-)
Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog
You might also like:

1 comment:

  1. Nice idea, you have the talent for it. I just want to say it is already a nice gift for fathers day when a Fathers Day Quotes Messages is added. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love to hear from you!