Monday, June 17, 2013

Teacher, Thank You!

Chalkboards are so trendy these days.  I, of course, had to create them for my teachers.  Since I volunteer at my son's school, I have to say that I admire teachers.  The things that they have to do to educate our children, on top of the other things that they have to deal with, are not for the faint of heart.  I'm so grateful for them and all that they do for my children.

I stamped the sentiment with Lawn Fawn Quinn Alphabet stamp set on black cardstock and embossed it with Wow! white embossing powder.  I love this stamp set.  I know it is just alphabets, but it looks so good, and the stamp lines up so nicely.  Great quality product that is well-thought out, love it!  I die-cut out the "teacher" with Provocraft Harmony Alphabet dies and Fiskars Fuse, and glue it on top of the sentiment.  I layered the card base with brown pattern paper from the DCWV Great Vacation Stack.  I stamped out the apple from TPC Studio and cut it out to adhere it to the card with foam adhesive.  I drew and wrote on the "blackboard" with white gel pen to finish off the card.  I also rub a little white ink from Colorbox Frost White ink pad to give it a blackboard look.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to hear from you!