Saturday, June 1, 2013

Thank You's Galore Featuring Washi Tape Mania

The title of this post sounds like an ad for a concert band.  :-) I'm listening to some 80's hits as I'm writing this.  Anyway, I recently watch this Washi WaHoo Too video and got inspired to use my washi tape again.  I went nuts and made 6 cards in one day! My friend would be astounded, considering I barely made one card when she was here to craft with me the other day.  She was here for several hours too, and made 2 cards, and I, shamefully, made none.  I was struggling with this birthday card I was trying to make for a new friend.  New designs sometimes take me a long time.  Oh well.   I did get it done that day, but it was a long process.  I don't mind because I had fun doing it.  That's why I don't like to make things on a deadline.  I like to take my time and just create.  If only I had all the time in the world and no responsibilities...I know, keep dreaming!  :-)  Okay, back to the card at hand here.  They're simple cards but all different.  I used the same thank you stamp from Hero Arts and all of them used washi tape.  Most of my washi tapes are birthday gifts from my niece, who fed my washi tape and paper crafting addiction, and some of them are from the Recollections brand found at the Michael's craft store.

I always start my card off with laying down washi tape onto my card base which is 3.5"x5".  I love this size for cards, especially birthday and thank yous.  I don't always have a lot to write so, this size is perfect for that.  It has been a while since I made cards this size, especially since I'm running dangerously low on envelopes that size too.  I had bought a whole box of them, 250 in each box, and finally need to replenish my supplies of envelopes.  Hard to believe that 250 cards or more had been made, especially since that is not the only size we use.  Wow!  I did say that I married a family of card senders.  Now you know to what extend.  :-)

I love this purple washi tape with the gray, the moment I set my eyes on them at Michael's.  They came together and it was $0.99 too.  Sweet!  I love the silhouette flowers from Hero Arts With Sympathy stamp set; such a versatile set.  I had to add the butterflies dies from Stampin' Up Beautiful Wings embossilits with blings to finish the card.
I made a similar card with the purple washi tape, minus the gray, as a border for the card.  I love this purple washi tape!

I had to use my teal washi tape.  I was thinking that this would be a card for a guys so I used the stars from Hero Art stamp set.  I used my Cuttlebug With Love Embossing Folder for the borders to give the card some texture.  I added this card and the card with the birds below to the Simon Says...Anything Goes Challenge.

I love, love, love this washi tape with the birds.  My niece gave this to me for my birthday and love it the moment I saw it, along with this gray design tape.  I kept this simple but this is my favorite of all the cards.

I had to make a girlie one with the lace and trim washi tape.  So of course, the flowers had to follow.  I got one of the flowers from K&Company Christmas felt stickers set.  I love being able to use embellishments/paper specific for Christmas for other occasions.

This last card I made late into the night and got a little crazy with the stamping.  I know, less is more.  It was late.  :-)  I used Brilliance Sky Blue and Platinum Planet ink to stamp out the circles from Inkadinkado stamp set.  The sentiment was stamped out with black Memento ink.    

2 comments:

  1. Great cards and fun tapes! Thanks for playing along with us in the the Anything Goes Challenge over on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I love washi tapes and the versatility of them.

      Delete

Thanks for visiting. I love to hear from you!