Monday, August 12, 2013

Masculine Ocean Theme Card

My family and I just got back from our annual trek to the beach.  We have been searching for the perfect beach and we have been successful for the past 3 years.  This year, we chose a Maine beach, and we were not so lucky this time.  Despite it being pretty, it was too cold and crowded.  Some people don't mind the big crowds or the traffic but it bugged me this time.  The water looked great and there was an ombre look to it so I had to apply it to my card.  I did some crafting as soon as I got home.  I think I was going through a withdrawal.

I used Distress inks(tumbled glass, broken china and peacock feather) to create the ombre background and spritz it with fine mist of water.  After the card dried, I stamped the triangles from Stampin' Up.  It reminded me of the ocean and the channels so I added the sailboat wood veneer from Studio Calico.  I stamped the sentiment from Hero Arts and mount this card to the card base.


Here is a side story that I thought was so cute.  I started to pack a kit to do some pages during my trip but felt the car was packed too tight already so I left it behind.  I was surprised to learn that someone was after my heart on this trip.  My 7 year old packed a little container filled with washi tapes and blank cardstock he made before the trip.  He did this all on his own.  Below is a picture of him making a card while we wait for our dinner.  Loving this!

This card is entered in the Simon Says Triangle Challenge.


Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful background and triangle waves! I love your approach to this challenge and I really love that travel washi kit. Thanks for playing along in our Triangle challenge over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love to hear from you!