Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Traditional Christmas

I just started watching the show, Mad Men, and I was inspired to go retro.  I am fascinated by how much things has changed and also, how much some things never change, especially on how women are treated.  These are traditional Christmas colors and patterns to me.  I'm loving the wooden veneers and adding glitter with a pen just added the bling I wanted.  I'm using a different camera and editing tool so bear with me while I fiddle with it.

I stamped the Christmas trees from Stampin' Up in Marvy Matchables red and green ink.  I pop up the red tree with foam adhesive.  I glue the wooden star veneer from Studio Calico on top of the tree.  I mount this on pattern paper from Martha Stewarts and place that onto the card base with green washi tape and stamped sentiment from Hero Arts.  I used Gelly Roll glitter pen to put some shine on the sentiment, the stars and trees.
This card is entered in the Simon Says Triangle Challenge.


Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to hear from you!