Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Flip It Birthday Card

Front view of the fold up Flip It Birthday card
 with Simon Says Stamp! Apothecary Label Senitment
I have been challenging myself in learning Silhouette Studio.  It is not a chore for me since I love learning new technology.  I know I can easily pay 99 cents for a lot of the templates out there, but I rather just create it myself, if I can.  I know, at times, I feel like I am recreating the wheel, but I find this is the way I learn and get the most out of the software.  I watch a video on making flip cards and used the dimensions she used to create them on the Silhouette Studio.  I figure that I take the time in making the template in Silhouette Studio, and then be able to make the base anytime I want and quickly.  I have been immersed in creating templates in Silhouette Studio for some of the fancier cards like tri-shutter cards and flip it cards with other shapes in the middle.  Another thing that I have been exploring is using a note taking app.  Yes, my house is not the only thing that I am organizing.  I found this app called Springpad and it has been great for organizing and creating digital scrapbooks too.  I created a notebook of all my crafty creations among
other notebooks like books to read, recipes, things to do with kids and etc.  I actually have a digital scrapbook of our daily life complete with photos, recording of my family, notes and even links.  I love that I can use it on all my devices and have it all in sync.  It's like Pinterest, but with more personal touches.  I could add personal items like taking pictures with my phone, adding my own notes, springing a webpage to my notebook.  I wish I had this when my boys were babies to document all the milestones from photos, audios and more, in one place.  I do make my creation notebook public, so anybody following me can see it and also, I follow other notebooks.  I love being able to share my notebooks with specific people too if I wanted to or keep it private.  So far, it has been a great way to track everything including making list of gifts I am interested in for the holidays for my family.  I love being able to see a picture of it and the cost.  I'm a list person so this app, so far, has been perfect for me.  If you do check out Springpad and get an account, you can find me by searching for the title of my blog.  As you can see, I'm excited about it.  I vow to get organize starting this fall and so far, I am off to a good start, both physically and electronically.  Yay for me!  I'm being insufferable, right?!  :-) Don't mind me, I'm just excited over technology.  Anyway, back to the card.  I design this card base in Silhouette Studio with the coordinating pieces.  I still have to play around with it a little more to get it to be perfect.
All the pattern paper is from Echo Park and this is one of my favorite 6x6 pads.  Everything were cut out from the Silhouette Cameo except the cupcake.  First, I glue down the polka dot pattern paper onto the base card.  I stamped the front sentiment from Simon Says Stamp! Apothecary Label set in Brilliance Coffee Bean ink before layering onto brown and green pattern papers.  I adhere all that to the front circle.  Then I stamped the birthday sentiment from Hero Arts in black ink and did the same layering as the front before adhering to the inside circle.  I punch a cupcake from Stampin'Up and Distress ink the bottom of the cupcake.  I adhered cupcake to the cardbase and the top of the cupcake with foam adhesive to pop it up.  To finish the card, I added glitter to the cupcake and Crystal Lacquer to the cherry, as well as dashed lines with a white gel pen.  This is the first flip it card I've ever made, and it came out pretty good and cute too. 



This card is entered in the Simon Says Stamp! Stamptember Challenge.

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog

1 comment:

  1. A fabulous card, a wonderful design and colour scheme. I love how you have incorporated the Apothecary label and sweet cupcake!!

    Thanks so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love to hear from you!