Sunday, September 29, 2013

Lace Dress for Wedding Card

Wedding Dress Card
I woke up one morning with an idea for a card.  What a lovely way to wake up.  I, however, could not get to making it until I got my other things done.  It makes me so much more eager to get my tasks done, so I can play.  I got this dress pattern from Papercrafts Magazine.  You know I am always on the lookout for dress-related cards.  I love making them.  Well, I have been busy with trying to clear out my house but I have been giving myself Pinterest breaks.  Pinterest is so addictive, and I love that I could find so many different resources quickly.  I follow Papercrafts Magazine and got all sort of templates from their pinterest papercrafting download board of templates.  I love that they put it all there together.  I don't just use Pinterest for papercrafting, I found so many things that I am interested in, like recipes, educational resources for kids, fitness and etc.  Now you see why I have to just give myself breaks or I could be on Pinterest all day.  Anyway, once I downloaded the dress template, I opened it in Silhouette Studio and trace the dress.  I love the trace function in Silhouette Studio because now I don't have to print it and cut it out myself.  It makes it too easy and I almost feel like I am cheating.  If you are new to using the Silhouette Studio, here is a
great video on tracing from Clever Someday.  She has a whole series of in-depth video on tracing and her blog offers some nice resources for fonts too.
I cut out my card base with my Silhouette Cameo and then punch out strips of paper with the Martha Stewarts lace border punch.  Then I glue down each strip of border onto the dress from the bottom to the top.  I tied a bow with a blue ribbon around the dress and stamped the sentiment from Stampin' Up inside the dress.  I thought it made a perfect wedding or anniversary card.  The concept of this card is simple but it took some time to punch out all the lace.  





This card is entered in the Simon Says Stamp! Anything Goes Challenge.

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog

2 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous! Love the layers! :) Thanks for playing along over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It was fun to make use of my border punch for something other than borders.

      Delete

Thanks for visiting. I love to hear from you!