Saturday, September 7, 2013

Masculine Happy Anniversary With Vintage Typewriter

My husband loves antiques and often want to drag me into one of those stores.  I do appreciate nice pieces but it's the smell that deters me and also, finding good pieces is tough.  I make this card with my husband in mind, of course, but with a vintage theme and some corniness too.  I try to be as corny as I can be since I know he will appreciate it.  We got to celebrate our anniversary for multiple days without our boys, thanks
to my in-laws, and it was awesome!  So nice to just relax together and be spontaneous too.  That seems to be a hard to come by commodity when you have young kids, and I appreciate it even more when we get those moments.

I created the background by placing washi tape on the navy blue cardbase.  Then I printed out the anniversary sentiment.  I stamped the typewriter once on white cardstock and once around the anniversary sentiment.  I made sure not to ink up the typewriter sentiment that came originally with the stamp.  I cut out the anniversary sentiment and glue it to the typewriter image that I cut out and layer onto a red cardstock. Then I placed it onto the card base.  I placed letter stickers on the bottom of the cardbase for part of my sentiment and wrote the rest in with a white gel pen.  I adhered red hearts that were die-cut from Simon Says Stamp and a wooden arrow from Studio Calico.  To finish the card up, I added Crystal Lacquer to the hearts for dimension and shine.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to hear from you!