Monday, September 16, 2013

Pop Up Happy Birthday With Flowers and Mason Jars

Eversince I saw this video with Lawn Fawn, I had to make a card with mason jars and flowers.  This paper pad, Dear Lizzy Neopolitan Paper Pad, from American Crafts have some amazing pattern papers and it had one sheet of mason jars that are dying to be cut out to be used.  Of course, I had to put something that uses my Silhouette Cameo.
Pop-Up Birthday Card With Mason Jars
I ran a piece of white cardstock with the Sizzix dot embossing folder through the Fiskars Fuse to create a texture background.  I cut out the mason jars out from the pattern paper and cut a slit on one of the jars.  Then I stamped and cut out flowers from a Recollections stamp set with Marvy Matchables yellow, pale violet, pale green and rose-pink inks.  Then I placed the flowers in the slit and cut out a plastic sheet to cover the mason jar to make it look like a glass jar.  I adhered the jars to the textured background and then adhere the whole thing to the green card base and place foam dots behind the flowers to pop them up.  I finished the front with butterflies die-cut from Stampin' Up Beautiful Wings sizzlet and white dashed lines around the textured background.

For the inside of the card, I follow this video to make pop-up word card in Silhouette Studio.  I created this happy pop-up in Silhouette Studio and cut it out along with the word birthday in Pacifico font.  I love the welding feature in Silhouette!  I folded and glue everything down to the green card base before finishing it up with a purple butterfly.  I love how this came out.  I normally leave my cards blank inside but I love the element of surprise here.


Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog
   
You might also like:

4 comments:

  1. What a great pop up card. This is fantastic!

    Thanks so much for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

    XO XO ~ Laurel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :-) I'm loving the challenges at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.

      Delete
  2. Great job. Everyone loves a pop up card

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I love the element of surprise inside a card and the fact I can make them now. Yay!

      Delete

Thanks for visiting. I love to hear from you!