Thursday, October 24, 2013

Another Basic Celebrate With Flowers Card

I recently taught a basic class about papercrafting and did a simple card with my class using pattern paper and embellishment with a handstamped sentiment.  There was one moment that made my day and stayed with me as a "feel good" moment.  I showed a student how to bend a clear stamp so that it would stamp around her pattern paper.  The look on her face of pure joy when she lifted the stamp was a priceless moment that I will always remember.  It makes me smile even now when I think of it.  It makes me think this is what it is all about; the pure joy that this hobby can bring to you and also to the person you give this card to.  I sometimes forget about that, especially since I grew in a family that does not care about those things.  But I am lucky enough to marry into a family who cherish those cards, handmade or not, but acknowledges those handmade cards especially.  I am blessed, indeed.  Here's to all the cardmakers out there, cheers to you for bringing joy into this world!
I used pattern paper from Basic Grey Fiction 12x12 pad as the background on the cardbase.  I punched out the flower with a Stampin' Up punch and added a coordinating brad from the same Basic Grey collection.  I stamped the sentiment from Hero Arts and layered with a green pattern paper.  I finished the card with dashed lines with a white gel pen around the sentiment and a black archival pen around the card.  Easy, basic card but it has a romantic quality to it for me. 

Here is a behind the scene side note.  I have been sick lately with colds.  And of course, what am I to do when I have to stay in bed?  I cruise around Pinterest.  I found a lot of DIY lightboxes and combine a couple of them (one with cover sides and one mostly opened) into mine.  I have been managing okay with my setup before, but I'm constantly fighting the lighting.  Once I was well enough, I got a box, and cut it up ,and backed it with foamboard for rigidity.  I don't like seams so I added a sheet of white paper but can remove it easily to add a pattern paper.  I left it opened at the top so I have options in changing the lighting.  Now I can photograph in the dead of the night or on super cloudy days.  Who knew that I would be revisiting my photography skills again.  By the way, you can see my baby, Cammie, (my Cameo) winking at you in the background.  Can you tell I love this new toy?!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to hear from you!