Monday, October 14, 2013

Big Pumpkin Halloween Card

For the past couple of years, we have been growing big pumpkin seeds and the boys absolutely love them.  They are thrilled to be able to carve them.  The only problem is that the pumpkins take up so much room to grow in my garden.  The few times that I try to grow them outside my garden, the deers will eat them.  I actually watch them nibbling on a pumpkin vine that grew out of my garden a few weeks ago.  I thought that the prickly vine will deter them from eating them but nope!  They will eat anything and everything.  I used to enjoy watching them but now, I have a different opinion of them since they go to town on some of my flower garden.  Nothing like buying expensive deer food and taking the time to plant them so that they can dig them out.  I do have to admit that I like seeing the fawns that come through.  They are sooo cute.  Anyway, this is the weekend that we get our fall on, as in getting all our fall things out, and also, putting the pumpkins on the porch and all.  I love fall and the colors, and on my to-do list this weekend is getting a start on their Halloween costume.  I like to be done with that soon, so I can move onto my next project, which is a flannel quilt for my bed.  I can't wait to get going on that, since I want my other flannel quilt back downstairs.  So here is my quick Halloween card using my favorite pumpkin stamp from Hero Arts, Harvest Pumpkin.

I stamped out the pumpkin onto white cardstock, and orange and green pattern paper from Basic Grey Fact and Fiction 6x6 pads with black Memories ink.  Then I cut out the pumpkin and leaf on the pattern papers and paper pieced with foam adhesive onto the pumpkin on white cardstock.  I then layered the white cardbase with pattern paper from Basic Grey Fiction 12x12 pad before cutting a strip of black cardstock with ribbon tails.  I stamped the sentiment from Lawn Fawn Happy Everything with Versamark ink and embossed with Zing white embossing powder.  I adhered the pumpkin onto the black ribbon cardstock and then onto the cardbase.  Then I finished the card with white dashed lines around the black ribbon.



Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog

7 comments:

  1. Super cute card...love the chalkboard!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm loving the chalkboard too.

      Delete
  2. Adorable card!! Such a great design!

    Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    hugs...
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It was so much fun to make.

      Delete
  3. this is so fun! great card! thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Don't you just love fall and pumpkins?!

      Delete
  4. Your paper piecing looks fantastic! I love the card design, too! Thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love to hear from you!