Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Pretty In Pink Hello Card

If you are seeing changes to my blog lately, it is because I want to make it a better blog and more organized for me to find things.  I treat this blog like a journal of my crafting adventures, so I like to be able to group things and find projects quickly.  I use Blogger and I love the dynamic view of my blog before, since it showed all my projects in a gallery.  Since this blog is so visual, I felt that the dynamic flipcard view was perfect for looking quickly at the project you like and click on it.  Besides that I also like seeing my pageview skyrocketing.  I try not to obsess over numbers but it is nice and exciting to see somebody looking at my blog.  Now you know where my kids get it from.  However, I did not like the quirkiness of the dynamic view.  I just found this great blog that shows me how to have my dynamic template that shows my cards in a gallery in a classic view blog.  So I followed her instructions and created a couple of tabs that links to pages of my project gallery and my 3D projects.  Now I have the best of both worlds.  YAY!  Anyway, when I show this card to my 7 year old, he said,"It's so pretty, I think I'm going to faint".  I thought that was hilarious.  I told my husband and he, of course, obliged and "fainted" when I
showed him the card.  I'm surrounded by jokesters tonight.  LOL!  Funny thing was when I first showed it to my husband, he said,"And...", meaning what other sentiment is there besides hello.  He told me that he never received or seen a hello card before.  I guess I better change that for him. That's the big benefit of being married to a card maker.  I'm smiling just thinking of his retorts to that statement!

Most of the key elements were made on my Silhouette Cameo.  I created the background of rings and weld everything together.  As for the sentiment, I used the fonts Dancing Script and Script MT Bold to create it, and cut out three of them so I can glue them all together for dimension.  I used Distress Ink Spun Sugar to color the rings and worn lipstick to distress the background of the card base and the flower.  The flower was one of the original images that came with the Silhouette Cameo and I cut it twice to make the flower.  To get my studio file with some of these elements, click here.  The pattern paper is from Echo Park This & That Graceful 6x6 paper pad, one of my favorite paper pad.  I used so much of it that I think I need another one, though I did spy some new awesome one.  I have to be careful because I can easily become a paper hoarder.  Though, if you ask my husband, he might tell you that we are beyond the "becoming" stage.  Ha!  :-) Anyway, I color a thin strip of cardstock with Distress ink, barn door and add that on top of the pattern paper.  Then I used foam adhesive to place the rings and flower onto the cardbase.  I adhere the sentiment and then add glitter and liquid lacquer to the flower as a finishing touch.  I love the way it came out.  As for the negative of the hello sentiment, click here to see how I use it.

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog


5 comments:

  1. I know just what you mean......my husband often "doesn't get it"! I think your dotty card is great for our challenge, Linda - so glad you joined us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment. I'm glad I'm not alone. :-)

      Delete
  2. Hi, Linda. My son sent me a Silhouette and I am having difficulty understanding how to use it -- guess I'm a visual learner, so the user's guide isn't too helpful. I am also a Stampin' Up user, so my cardstock is from there. When I use it on the Silhouette, it sticks too much and separates on the more intricate patterns. That's one problem I have. But basically, I am glad to see your blog so I can understand more how to make cards with the Silhouette. Any ideas on video sites? Thank you, Doris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Doris! My mat is pretty sticky but I find using the spatula to slowly remove the pattern helps alot. I just cut the swirl pattern on a Stampin' Up 80lb cardstock using the cardstock media setting with a speed of 3 and thickness of 33 and it cut almost all of the shape. I also placed my intricate image on a part of the mat that I rarely use (lower right hand corner) and that has help. I had to use a craft knife at a couple of points where the paper was not cut completely but after that I lifted the image with the spatula without any problems. Below is a video from Silhouette America that is helpful in creating and removing an intricate pattern:
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVWpBRiemeI&list=PL1AVn575EXdsBCilLItljEv4swXIMHVL9
      Hope this helps. -Linda

      Delete
    2. I recently found this blog entry and found it to be really helpful for cutting and sticky mats:

      http://scrapadoodles.wordpress.com/2012/08/11/silhouette-cameo-cutting-tips-settings-for-cutting-different-materials/

      Delete

Thanks for visiting. I love to hear from you!