Wednesday, November 20, 2013

A Traditional Christmas Card

I love this snow village scene stamp by PSX.  It's very Norman Rockwell to me; definitely a traditional Christmas scene.  I love the way the snow blankets everything, especially on Christmas Day and in the morning when everything is all sparkly white and peaceful.  It's the one time of the year that I really want snow.  It makes it extra special for me, like a cherry on top moment.  When I chose this stamp to use, I was in the mood to color, which is rare.  I find myself enjoying the process.
First, I stamped the scene from PSX, and then color it in with markers.  Then I stamped the sentiment from Inkadinkado in Versamark ink and heat emboss it with clear embossing powder.  I used a blending tool to create a sky color with Distress Tumbled Glass and Broken China ink before I stamped Santa and his sleigh in black ink.  I mounted this card onto a white cardbase layered with green cardstock to frame it.  For the finishing touch, I added snowflake sequins from Lawn Fawn and glitter to the rein with Sakura Stardust glitter pen.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to hear from you!