Tuesday, November 12, 2013

CAS Holiday card

I just got back from a wonderful scrapbooking retreat in Sunny Hills Golf Resort in New York.  This is the same retreat that I posted about in the spring.  Our terrific hostess, Jessica Madden, who runs this retreat twice a year, once in the spring and once in the fall, took such good care of us.  She said something that totally touch me.  She said that these retreats were a place that women can come to, to take care of themselves, since they are always taking care of everybody else all the time.  I have a whole new level of admiration and fondness for her, especially since I know how much work it must be for her to arrange everything while keeping 50+ women happy too.  Being a woman, we are expected to not only be a good mother and wife but also, a nurse, a taxi driver, a life coach, cheerleader, sport coach, chef, housekeeper, psychiatrist, gardener and have a career too. Basically a jack of all trades.  Sometimes, we are too busy to remember to take care of ourselves, so I am glad to have a friend who takes me to these retreats.  It was such a fun time to just relax, and to do the things I love, on top of that with no worries.  Anyway, I did make some pages at this retreat, though not as much as I like, since I was busy chatting with a number of people and attending some classes.  I felt so inspired and excited about scrapbooking.  I have to admit that making a scrap page is overwhelming to me at times, since the canvas is so big to me, but being surrounded by major talents, I was inspired to continue with my scrapbook.  Anyway, I was much more relax this time, since I didn't pressure myself to finish anything, and also, I made cards too.

Clean and simple cards are so challenging for me.  All that white space glaring at me is begging me to fill it with something.  I was actually inspired to make this card at midnight, while I was making another card.  Go figure!  I was probably delirious at that point.  I guess I do have it in me to stay up past 3am but did I pay for it the next day!  I could not keep my eyes open past 7pm.  Back to the card, I first lightly drew some even spaced lines and stamped the happy sentiment from Lawn Fawn Happy Everything with Memento, ink, London fog. When I got to Christmas, I used Brilliance rocket red ink and clear embossing powder.  I continue on with the "happy" sentiment.  I did the same for the other two lines of sentiment, and used Colorbox green ink for "holidays" sentiment and Brilliance Mediterranean Blue ink for "new years" sentiment.  I stamped the stars from Lawn Fawn's Blue Skies stamp set in Brilliance pearlescent yellow ink.  After everything dried, I erased the pencil lines.
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog 




 

4 comments:

  1. A lovely card, I like the sentiment stamped over the gorgeous stars!!

    Thanks so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card, Linda! I love the design with the three sentiments and overlapping stars. Thanks so much for playing along with the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it!! The stripe of stars on the background and the colors popping up the words in the sentiment, great card!

    Thank you so much for joining us at Lawnscaping challenges :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am very honored and flattered by your comments, especially since I am a big fan of your work. They are truly inspiring and amazing! :)

      Delete

Thanks for visiting. I love to hear from you!