Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Christmas Gift Card Holder

Blah, blah, blah, busy.  Blah, blah, blah, stamps.  Blah, blah, blah, pattern paper.  Blah, blah, blah, love it!  :-)  LOL!  I find myself saying those things a lot.  Also, I was thinking that is probably what some people (meaning my family and friends who are non-crafters who are curious to know what I am up to) are thinking as they read my blog.  Sometimes, I wonder if anyone is really reading these things or are we just looking at the pictures and scrolling down, like me.  I'm just making fun of me and frankly, it is good for me.  I tend to get too serious most of the time, and have to step back, and say, "It's paper and it's a hobby, not a job or brain surgery."  Anyway, after the whirlwind of activities last week, Christmas is very much on my mind now.  I'm trying to get all my projects, in mind, on a list, so I can start checking them off.  I love Christmas and my children feeds into that.  I love creating the magic of Christmas for them.  I know I don't have long before that is no longer cool.  Hopefully, they will hold on to the magic of Christmas as they get older.  Anyway, I love looking at Christmas pattern paper.  So, I just have to feature them.  Creating a gift card holder is a no brainer for me, since that is the best gifts for older kids.  I know it is a "no brainer" gift, but at least, they will be happy to get what they want.


I score a 4 1/4" x 11" white cardstock at 1 1/2" and 6 1/4".  The pattern papers are from Recollection and I just adore them.  I just love looking at them!  I layered the pattern paper onto the cardbase and punch out a half circle for the gift card pocket.  I stamped the sentiment from Hero Arts and cut it out to adhere it to the inside of the card.  As for the gingerbread man, I just cut that out from my Silhouette Cameo and drew in the features with a white gel pen.  Easy-peasy, lemon squeezy!  
This has been entered in the Simon Says Stamp Anything Goes Challenge.
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog 

1 comment:

  1. What a great gift-card holder, Linda! I LOVE that paper and your gingerbread guys, too! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love to hear from you!