Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Christmas Pillow Box for Gift Cards

I just went for a run outside today and it was perfect.  I have been mostly running on my treadmill or doing workout DVDs so when I went out today, I remember why I enjoy going for runs outside.  Running is my form of meditation.  I find myself able to work out my problems and organize my thoughts and life.  If something is bugging me, I usually can resolve it or come to terms with it after my run.  I often see deers and some of them scatter immediately and some of them wait until the last minute.  I'm always so fascinated by how high they jump.  I love that leap they make.  When I was making this pillow box for gift cards I had to add a deer of some sort.

I cut a pillow box on my Silhouette Cameo.  I realized that I wanted to do a window so instead of cutting another one with a window, I dust off my dies.  Thank goodness for embossing folders or my Fiskar Fuse would be very jealous of Cammie.  :-)  Anyway, I used a Sizzix scallop square die to cut a window on my pillow box with my Fiskars Fuse.  I ran a Sizzix dot embossing folder and white cardstock through the Fuse.  I stamped the sentiment from Hero Arts and heat emboss it with white embossing powder.  I stamped the reindeer from Hero Arts in Brilliance black ink and cut it out.  I used foam adhesive to place the reindeer on the box.  I wanted the reindeer to be shiny, so I used my glitter pen to color him in.  I do love glitter on Christmas stuff, but not the kind that gets everywhere.  Hence my glitter pen is one of my best friend for some shiny and bling.



1 comment:

  1. wonderful way to dress up the pillow box! great project! thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love to hear from you!