Monday, November 25, 2013

Christmas Tree Gift Card Holder

I tend to make cards where I don't have to color much.  A lot of time I am rushing to make a card for some occasion, so having to color a image takes the backseat.  Also, I have not been happy with my coloring, especially with markers since the ones that I have leave stroke marks.  I tend to use my color pencils or watercolor pencils since I feel I have more control of the colors.  I have been eyeing Copic markers, but I am not sure if I want to invest in them yet, since I don't color that much.  I do love the way they look on other people's cards.  I love the vivid color that you get with markers too.  Anyway, I had picked up these Bic Mark It markers from Sam's Club for labeling my kid's things awhile ago.  I was playing around with them the other day since I have been in the mood to color and thought I give them a try.  I couldn't wait to color the stamped images from Lawn Fawn's Trim A Tree stamp set.  I have to admit that it worked out pretty well.  I stamped up a bunch of images and went to town with just coloring them in with markers.  It was fun.  I like the dimensions that the shading gives the image when I color in different tones.  Though I wish there were several tones in between for these markers but for a starter set, it's not bad for basic coloring.  I'm curious to know how fade resistance they are.  I guess only time will tell.  So far, so good for a beginner at coloring.

I stamped all the images from Lawn Fawn's Trim A Tree clear stamp set in Memento Tuxedo black ink on Neenah Solar White cardstock.  After coloring in the images, I fussy cut them all out.  For the gift card holder cardbase, I scored and fold a 4.25"X11" white cardstock at 1.5" and 6.25" on a scoreboard.  I used DCWV Winter Basic Stack to layer the card base.  I love this pattern paper pad, it's so versatile for both winter and masculine cards.  I stamped and heat embossed the sentiment from Hero Arts Decorate Your Holidays stamp set in Brilliance Mediterranean Blue ink.  Then I adhered the tree adorned with ornaments onto the card using glue dots, foam adhesive and glue for different images to give dimension based on the image.  I finished the outside of the card by adding Lawn Fawn's snowflake sequins and using Wink on Stella on some of the ornaments and tree.  I'm loving these sequins and Wink of Stella.  For the inside, I place the pattern paper onto the flap for the gift card holder and punch half a circle before I adhere both side of the flap.  I also stamped another sentiment from the same Hero Arts stamp set in black ink on the flap.  I'm having so fun making these gift card holders.



This card has been entered in the Lawnscaping Polka Dot Challenge.

2 comments:

  1. It's a really beautiful card. It looks like you put a lot of effort into it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really cute card! I can't believe you fussy cut all those ornaments! It turned out adorable. Thanks so much for playing with us at Lawnscaping!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love to hear from you!